Monday, January 25, 2010

Continuing my positive outlook on life (sarcasm)....

It's been a rough week. I feel like it has been a week of tragedy and loss on multiple levels.

Just when I feel like I have a direction and peace on something it seems to get flipped upside down, or not work out for some reason.

So I feel like a bit of a vagabond right now with no direction and not really feeling "home" in any one spot.

I love how even in these times of disconnect on some levels God seems to pour in and rejuvenate on so many others. Here are some things that He has been using to encourage me:

"God does not demand that you and i have blind faith,
but abandoned faith, a faith that trusts Him fully.
Through His Word, God willingly reveals much about who He is, what His plans are,
and what He requires of us.
As we come to see Him and know Him he urges, "Trust Me."
Hundreds of times in the Bible God implores us to trust Him.
We tend to make trust a gray area, but with God the issue is black and white.
We either trust Him or we don't.
We're for Him or we're against Him.
We're in the game or we're on the sidelines.
As i think about true faith, heartfelt throw-yourself-in-with-complete-abandon faith,
two things come to mind:
*faith is rooted in God's character.
*faith is based on God's Word, not on our feelings."

This quote is by Linda Dillow from her book Calm my Anxious Heart and I found it on this blog my friend Kristin turned me on to.

The pastor I'm always talking about- Matt Chandler, has started doing weekly video updates on his blog about his progress fighting the cancer and where he's at. This weeks video really ministered to me and was a sweet reminder of God's goodness in all things, even the things it doesn't seem like there could be any good in, He is able to bring good through it and is working towards that in all things.

My heart is still very much with what is going on in Haiti as well which may be part of my somber nature currently. One of our dear friends is actually in Haiti right now and her husband sent us this update:

"I received a brief e-mail from Rachel last night. The situation is still very dire. Rachel said they walked into a tent and there were sick and wounded everywhere. She worked on a 3 year old yesterday that probably did not survive the night without a miracle. Please be praying for God's mercy for the people of Haiti and grace for the team. They are already experiencing an incredible amount of stress. Pray that God would work miracles and that he would be glorified through the team. Also, pray that they will be able to get sleep. They only got a few hours the night before and I can't imagine sleeping each night after experiencing some of these things."

Please continue to keep her and the people of Haiti and the other relief workers in your prayers. God is still moving mightily and I have a feeling we are just at the start of his grand production there.

No comments: