Wednesday, December 2, 2009

We survived the trip. It was good. The kids did well, I was the only one that got sick, and it was an enjoyable visit. To be able to say all that is a huge blessing!

While I was there I heard that the pastor that I'm always quoting around here, Matt Chandler, had a seizure. Turns out he has a mass on his frontal lobe and is having surgery this Friday. They won't know if it's cancerous or not until they get in there.

He pastors a church of about 6,000 people and has 3 kids, his youngest not even six months old yet. He's in his mid-30's.

I'm not going to lie that it's shaken me up a bit. Not only as a reminder of how viciously and continuously our enemy is attacking us, but to have something happen to someone like this is hard for me to wrap my mind around.

I know the right answers, and I know I need to have faith, and that somehow God will be glorified through the situation. However that doesn't make it any easier for me to understand.

Sometimes this life just gets hard. Actually a lot of times. And right now I am tired of seeing God fearing and loving people being attacked. We are being attacked in our marriages, our families, our spiritual lives, our sexual lives, our finances and health. It's a full frontal assault and today I'm tired of fighting. Looking forward to the glorious day when the fight is over and I'm HOME.

This man is incredible. He pursues the Lord and has an unprecedented understanding of Him, he's a great dad and husband, he leads his church well and puts the Lord before all else. He has impacted mine and my husbands life as well as countless others with his message. I have a deeper understanding of God thanks to his obedience. Please join me in praying for him, his family and his church this week. He is also a highly publicized figure so please pray for the media and the people that will be affected through it as well.

Thanks.

No comments: