Thursday, December 17, 2009

I was pretty much devastated when I read this. I'm not a crier and I cried. I don't understand, to me it makes no sense.

Then thankfully, God led me to this. Which was exactly what I needed to hear.

Now I'm trying to focus on the hope that I have.

My mind just goes to his wife, and his three small children (I think Audrey is 6, Reid is almost 4 and Norah is about 6 months). I'm praying for hope for them, and an a comprehension and peace that passes all understanding. Because this, this passes all understanding of our finite human brains.

And that is why we have hope.

I thought Beth Moore said this well on her blog:

"God has me home for the holidays for healing. For restoration. For a fresh return to the simple things. I've spent the entire year balancing the beauty and complexities of women's insecurities and the Book of Revelation. How's that for some whiplash? And I have loved every second of it. God is not miffed at me for working hard. He is the One who called me to the harvest field just as He called you. He just wants me to rediscover Sabbath rest amid the work and He's chosen to begin with a crash course. I am gradually taking the ribbon off the gift of simplicity that God is giving me for Christmas this year. I plan to unwrap it slowly and deliberately. 2010 will start soon enough and I'll pack a suitcase and be on another plane. But not the same. If I am, I will have missed something huge. Something vital. Something life-changing between Jesus and me. And I do not plan to miss it for this world. It's why He has me here."

This is what I am hoping to focus on with a more freed up schedule this next semester. I have worked hard and served well this past semester, but at the catalyst conference I felt God pushing the idea of a Sabbath on me and urging me to make it a priority. This semester I plan on doing just that.

On a side note, I think it's really hard for people not in a paid ministry position to do that. Not only do my husband and I have other jobs, but we are called to serve the church and our family amidst that and sometimes there just isn't enough time in the week. How does one balance and prioritize three incredible important things?

I have nothing scheduled from now until Christmas and I'm very excited about that. I'm going to try to be intentional about making memories right now and focusing on worship. That's the point of it all, Christmas, Easter, our very existence: to give God the glory he deserves. So I am going to focus on that.

Sorry for the randomness, my blog is reflective of my head right now; all over the place.

No comments: