Friday, October 30, 2009

Sometimes being away from friends and family is really hard.

I didn't always have the best of family life growing up so in late high school and college the friends I made became like family. In fact I talk to them more than my family.

So when one of my best friends (of nearly 10 years) has her first baby, the caretaker in me has difficulty being still. Not making dinner, or cupcakes, or cute gifts, or just sitting in a chair holding sweet baby Carter, but being on the opposite side of the country able to do none of the above.

So I will do the only thing I can do (but should be doing all along regardless), pray. Pray blessings over their new family, pray for health and quick recovery, pray joy and hope, for perseverance and a strong finish (in AZ), wisdom and patience, and most of all for the Lord to reveal Himself in new magnificent ways through their new addition.

1 comment:

Kristin Eldridge said...

Your sweet. Thank you friend. Wish you were here...with a cute and YUMMY cupcake. :)