Friday, October 16, 2009

Wow. I think I have just had the busiest 3 weeks of my adult life. It has been insanity around here.

Lots of ministry events, CIA (compassion in action) an all day (for me) serving event, Rock 4 Love, and helping with the start of of a Compassion Leadership Team within the youth. Throw in visits from both grandparents, a 2 day conference (which was SO good), prep for a baby shower I am helping to host and a slew of other daily responsibilities and I am worn.out.

I so wish I had the time to digest and post after each of the events because there is so much to say and so much I want to remember about each one, but I will have to do with highlights.

CIA- so neat to get to see all of my girls serving and their hearts for that. Of all the youth that showed up my girls comprised almost half of them. I have a rock star group. I must admit I was surprised by a few who usually don't participate as much in group who really shined during this. When we talked about it at group on Wed. one of girls broke down crying by how moved she was by the thought of what some of the people we were ministering too lived with out. I really am looking forward to the start up of the CLT and being able to give students more opportunities to have those kind of experiences and for the Lord to humble them.

Catalyst- SO good. by far the neatest part was getting to hear Matt Chandler in person. When he prayed at the end I started sobbing, and I'm not even joking ya'll it was pretty close to getting to the real ugly cry. Over 3 years ago shortly after we had moved to CT and we were low on hope of every finding a church and had absolutely NO contact with any other person in the area, I was desperate for some sort of spiritual content in my life. Haphazardly my best friend suggested I check out this guy named Matt Chandler (she lived in Dallas where he is). I started listening to him and it pretty much rocked my world. I started podcasting him and listened to his sermons at least twice a week. I could go on and on about what a gifted teacher he is and for all the reasons that how he speaks hits me so hard, but I will suffice it to say that his sermons were what helped me get through an other wise spiritually desolate time. Being 3 years down the road and out of CT, living in GA and being able to attend a conference where I got to see Matt Chandler speak...I was simply overwhelmed by God's goodness and faithfulness. It was like a small blessing for following Him where He led us even though it was a rough path.

Rock 4 Love- I think the best part of this (other than getting to see about 200 students come to Christ and getting to pray over 6 of them) was having Chris with me. This is the first time since we've been married that we've done the majority of our serving not together. Sometimes it's been hard, but I know he has other passions and talents than working with students. However it was fun to have him around for a night. I forgot how much fun working with him was. It was also nice to be able to hang out with some of the other leaders. It was fun to watch him do his thing too. There is just something about watching your man do his thing that just reminds you how much you love him.

So those are the highlights, and I have stayed up way too late to give them. Hopefully there is more time to process life in general right now, as well as time to document it.

No comments: