Monday, April 27, 2009

It feels like I have been gone for a long time. I apologize for my absence. It's been a pretty crazy last two weeks.

First off we went to STL. Which was quite possibly the worst road trip we ever had. The kids had been sick, but were feeling better by the time we left. The first night we were there we were woken up by Josh at 3am. We were pretty much up with him the rest of the night with him complaining that his ear hurt. We had to take him into the Urgent Care the next day to be diagnosed with an ear infection (really? we had no idea.... sometime the whole doctor thing and having to get told what you already knew was wrong with your kids annoys me, but that is another post.).

Apparently the dose of antibiotics the prescribed him was ridiculously large for him and proceeded to completely wipe out his little intestinal tract, with what resulted in several days of horribleness that I cannot even put into words.

We left a day early. What usually takes 10 hours took almost 13. Josh had to stop to go to the bathroom almost every hour (most of the time not even really going) and Jack was teething and we had no access to Tylenol for him. It was bad. Really, really bad. Like the only reason we are even considering going to STL again is because my BIL and SIL are having a baby, if it weren't for that, well... I think it would be a very long time. Even with that trip Chris is wanting to look into airfare.

But we are home now, and normalcy is restored. Somewhat. The other thing that has kept me busy is a job that I have. That's right a job. And I am excited. One of the ladies from our small group last year kept telling me how good my baking was (in particular my cupcakes), and that she was going to hire me. Not thinking much of it, I continued on with my life (except for random daydreams, mentioned in previous posts). Well, a couple weeks she called and wanted me to make 6 dozen cupcakes for a birthday party she is throwing. Umh, heck yes!

So with that opportunity, business cards are being printed, contact information is being prepared, and blogsites are being made. I officially have a business. We'll see what happens.

I've also been having lots of thoughts I hope to get down on here sometime soon, once the dust settles, but for this week: baking.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Probiotics. Katie, probiotics. I'm about to change your life. Well that part of your life that is made miserable by antibiotics in children anyway.
Find a "live" yogurt. One that contains Lactobacillus reuteri. You'll find them easily in Whole Foods. Most Kefir has it in it. Give it to said sick child every day and five days after a course of antibiotics. It helps immensely.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!