Monday, February 9, 2009

Tonight: roasted vegetable and kale soup with white beans and smoked chicken plus grilled cheese (and maybe some cornbread or biscuits).

We have spent the last three days at the park, and looking to add a fourth tomorrow on our play date. For the record, I don't like the word play date. I think it sounds silly, and lacking in accuracy of what is occurring.

We had our first small group last week, and it was great. A really fun bunch of people, but also diverse enough to keep things interesting. One of the most fun parts for us was that one of the couples literally live just up the street from us. We have a pretty small neighborhood and haven't met very many people in it yet, so that was pretty exciting. They also have a son named Joshua that is only about 2 months older than Josh. They were also able to tell us about a great preschool just a block or two from us.

Preschools here are enrolling now for next fall. Madness. The whole school thing seems to be happening really quick. I must admit though, it will be very nice to have four days a week where I can get things done. Josh is at the point where he is just not content here at home. No matter how much I try to do to challenge him, or keep him busy, it's just not enough. He needs to be challenged by someone else (someone preferably with more patience and talent for teaching and needs to have more interaction with other kids. He's just so dang social. Can't imagine where he gets that from.

Hopefully tomorrow I can find time to do a post about working with the high school girls. It has been so much fun, and I enjoy it so much! I really hope that when my kids are that age that there is someone that can relate to them on their level that can help encourage them through the tough path that is high school. Our high school pastor is amazing. I really enjoy listening to his talks each week (and they are very applicable to a younger generation, one of which I still consider myself!). If anyone else is interested you can hear him under 12 stone podcasts on iTunes, and the high school ministry is The Point.

No comments: