Monday, March 23, 2009

I am feeling overwhelmingly blessed and full of joy today.

Not only am I obviously excited by this, but somewhat amazed considering this feeling is coming at the end of a busy weekend, having a house full of boys (and myself) who are under the weather, and starting the morning off with a trip to the doctor in which Josh was less than well behaved.

I really feel like things are starting to click and fall into place here. I LOVE my house, we have a great church, and have a couple of connections with people we think will turn out to be great friends! I finally enjoying being able to serve in a couple of different facets, one of which is a group of the greatest freshmen girls EVER. Josh is signed up for a great preschool this fall, and is making friends faster than I can keep track of (must be something to do with that social personality of his!), and Jack is so cute and fun, all I want to do is play with him and not get anything done.

Life is good. A big part of the reason why I am especially joyful, is I think a long time goal of mine may be coming to fruition. As many of you know, I pretty much adore Beth Moore, she is God's gift to women's bible study! I could go on for hours about all the reasons she is amazing, but I will sum it up by saying she's a theological rockstar, and humble to boot. I've always though it would be so much fun to start a Beth Moore study with a group of women that are in similar areas of life, and that are willing to be real and open with one another, and encourage and challenge each other in a way that requires a lot of vulnerability, but results in amazing relationships and lives that can better glorify Christ. All that to say, it looks as though that will be happening. I'm beyond ecstatic!

So life is good. My cupcakes, were just okay. Not very much coconut flavor, I was dissapointed, and the icing was a little too sweet for me. If I make them again I'll have to add some coconut flavoring to the icing and cupcakes. Although the recipe for the cake was really solid, I might use it as a great white cake recipe. If you want to try them out here is the recipe. They were very pretty though. I'll try to post a pic soon.

I'll be making this for dinner tonight, along with some pasta salad leftover from this weekends festivities (my pasta salad does not involve mayonaise, it's penne pasta with broccoli, red pepper, carrots, and olives toseed with italian or greek dressing and feta cheese).

Now for a little challenging from the great Matt Chandler:

No comments: